[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/19322015/height/100/width//thumbnail/no/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/2559608/custom-color/87A93A” height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Thank you for joining another episode of Race, Culture, and Beyond! For today’s episode, we will be joined by a very inspiring, smart, and committed to making a difference guest who is also very close to our hearts, Nikita Burks-Hale!
Nikita is the CEO and head creative of JourneyGirl Magic Productions which is a podcast production company that supports and empowers women of color as a unique voice through the masses of podcasting. Nikita is also the host of two podcasts, JourneyGurl Magic Podcast, and Journey. Nikita is a journeyer in every sense of the word and truly believes that life is a journey and that you must be open to endless possibilities. Her coaching and personal beliefs are centered around living your imperfect journey to the fullest. How do you do that? By showing up, being vulnerable, practicing gratitude, being a badass, and enjoying the ride.
When Nikita is not coaching and producing, you can find her on Netflix binge-watching with her wife Jessica and enjoying family time with her toddler son Adonis and newborn Remy.
In today’s episode we will be talking about a variety of topics:
- What Nikita is currently into, Netflix-wise. For those interested, the first Nikita speaks about is called Monster, and the second show is called Black Box.
- What does it mean to be on a journey? For starters, being open in the truest sense. Nikita tries to do everything that the day brings, and she chooses to completely accept it instead of fighting it.
- What an imperfect journey looks like and her experiences during 2020.
- Her identities: Being a journeyer, women of color, gay, postpartum depression (not survivor), educator, and a mentor.
- The importance of being true to oneself, even if that means being angry and bitter towards everything that is going on in our messed-up world.
- A little bit more on the relationship between Sage, Erika, and Nikita.
Thank you for listening to the show. It is such an honor to have these conversations with you. They are necessary and needed, and we are here to do the work.
If you want to know more about Nikita Burks-Hale, you can visit her website on www.journeygurlmagic.com, and find her on social media @journeygurlmagicpodcast.
To purchase the I AM Coloring Book visit https://journeygurlmagicproductions.lpages.co/coloringbook/
For access to ALL the resources mentioned, sign up for the “resource roundup” at sagebhobbs.com/nc-podcast.
The (short & awesome) newsletter will also keep you in the loop on the latest episodes, and other opportunities.
For (much appreciated) gold stars: Leave a rating + review! Just a few short words will help more folks find the show and be a part of this conversation. Thank you!
Also, please send a DM on Instagram to @sagebhobbs or @ericayhoward to let us know what you love about the show, what topics you’d like to hear covered, or your dream interviewee.