In this lively conversation, we dive into the nature of the oppressive systems we live in, how they require us to disconnect us from our bodies and why it is such a radical act to reconnect to a feeling of safety within ourselves.
In this show we're talking about:
- Our current systems demand/require us to be disconnected from our bodies
- Somatic practice as an inherently radical act
- Increasing awareness of choices and agency
- Embodied safety & nervous system flexibility
- Marginalized bodies and nervous system regulation
- THIS simple somatic practice (secret weapon for regulating)
Here are the beautiful resources we mention:
- You can find Maria-Victoria on Instagram here, and you can reference a past interview here.
- Victoria Albina – a Functional Medicine Nurse Practitioner, a nervous system expert, and the host of Feminist Wellness.
- The Inner Work of Racial Justice: Healing Ourselves and Transforming Our Communities through Mindfulness https://www.rhondavmagee.com/print/
- FREE gift of meditation resources: HERE
- Life on The Hyphen: The Cuban-American Way
- Louise Hays
Want to check out if coaching is right for you? Book a discovery call here.
More from ME:
And a favor from YOU:
For (much appreciated) gold stars: Leave me a rating + review! Just a few short words will help MORE amazing women find the show. Thank you 🙂
Also, please send me a DM on Instagram and let me know what you love about the show, what topics you’d like to hear me cover, or your dream interviewee.
Sage brings personal experiences, humor and practical methods for approaching challenging conversations. She is relatable, supportive and authentic – tremendous assets for diversity and inclusion conversations. Sage blended her skillful communication expertise and training, with information and exercises on empathy, equity and social justice to create more inclusive, person-to-person leadership practices.
Sage is the real deal! She listens to words you didn’t even know you said aloud. She is deliberate, strategic, and effortless in her coaching approach, making it incredibly natural to be open to her process and ultimately see change in yourself.
Sage embodies a foundational belief in the power and beauty of humanity and the possibility of all of us continually working toward becoming better versions of ourselves. She is a masterful facilitator.
Sage’s presentation to our group stimulated a momentum that ran through the event – inspiring our group with purpose, passion, inspiration, and fresh tools to bring to the new work year.